Podcast Guest Application
Want to showcase your Shopify apps, themes, SaaS or services to 1000s of ecommerce merchants?
Reach your ideal audience of Shopify merchants through the Ecommerce Coffee Break podcast.
Podcast interviews and sponsorships are five times more effective than Facebook/Instagram or Google ads according to Advertisecast.
The Ecommerce Coffee Break Podcast: 🏆 Voted as a Top 20 Shopify podcast on Feedspot and ranked as Top 10% most popular podcast globally.
Get your brand in front of Merchants, Founders, and Marketers and become a featured guest on our top-rated podcast for Shopify merchants. Apply here.
What's in it for you?
- You get your brand in front of a wide audience of Merchants, Founders, and Marketers who are looking for solutions to grow their Shopify stores.
- You use a fast and easy way to create evergreen content for your brand, which will drive long-term traffic to your website.
- You only spend 30 minutes of your time talking with us on the podcast, and we'll handle the rest.
Plus: You'll be able to leverage your featured guest appearance to showcase your knowledge and experience, connect with potential clients, and improve your website's SEO ranking through backlinks.
The Power of Audio
Some facts why you should consider being a podcast interview guest.
- According to the IAB, there were approximately 103 million monthly podcast listeners in the US in 2021.
- There are now more weekly podcast listeners in the U.S. than Netflix subscribers. (Source: Podcasts: Edison Research/The infinite Dial 2023)
- Podcast interviews and sponsorships are five times more effective than web ads like Meta/Facebook or Google ads, according to Advertisecast.
- Podcasts generate up to 4.4x better brand recall than display ads according to the NORC Center for Public Affairs Research.
- 69% listeners agreed that podcast ads made them aware of new products or services (Nielsen Digital Media Lab).
- According to a survey by Edison Research, 67% of podcast listeners reported being more likely to consider purchasing from a brand mentioned on a podcast.
- More than 4.2 million businesses worldwide have opted to use the Shopify platform for their business needs. (Source: Builtwith.com)
The Ecommerce Coffee Break: A top-rated Shopify Growth Podcast
The best way to reach your audience: This podcast is the ideal advertising medium for businesses providing products and services for the Shopify platform, because the hard work of finding your ideal customers (ecommerce merchants) has already been done.
Each week we interview world-class ecommerce experts and thought leaders about the latest marketing trends and best practices on how to build a profitable business on Shopify.
- 🏆 Voted As Top 20 Shopify Podcast On Feedspot
- The show is one of the top 10% most popular podcasts out of 3,070,294 podcasts globally, ranked by Listen Score (the estimated popularity score).
- Ranks 197 out of 5000 in the "Global - Technology - Reach" category (IAB V2-certified measurement on chartable.com)
The podcast is designed to be a quick and easy way for ecommerce merchants to stay up-to-date on the latest industry trends and strategies. It is a great resource for Shopify store owners looking for practical, actionable advice and inspiration to help them run and grow a successful online store.
Each episode is a short, 20-25 minute conversation between the host Claus Lauter and a guest expert on a specific ecommerce topic.
The topics we cover include the best Shopify Apps & Themes, Shopify Best Practices, Ecommerce Marketing Automation, Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO), Paid Advertising (Meta & Google ads), as well as social media marketing and entrepreneurship.
Audience and Reach of the Ecommerce Coffee Break Podcast
- Our audience is made up of Shopify Merchants, Founders, and Marketers looking to grow their Shopify stores.
- 95,000+ listens and downloads on all channels combined in the last 12 months (growing month/month). 190+ episodes, with 8-10 new episodes per month.
- 78% of subscribers listen to most or all episodes
- The podcast has been heard in over 80 countries, with 54% in the USA and Canada, 19% in Europe, 12% in Asia, and 9% in Australia
- 54% of listeners access the podcast on a mobile device
- 87% of listeners are male
- 36% of listeners have an income of $75K+
- 61% act on podcast advertising
- 100% of listeners are ecommerce/Shopify savvy
- Available on 30+ podcast listening platforms and apps
- Top Ranked Google keywords "Best Shopify Podcast" and "ecommerce podcast"
- More podcasting stats
Your Podcast Host: Claus Lauter
Hi, I am Claus, I am the producer and host of the Ecommerce Coffee Break Podcast, voted as Top 20 Shopify Podcast on Feedspot.
I’m a Marketing Optimization Expert with over 20 years' experience, official Shopify & certified Klaviyo Partner, award-winning eCommerce store owner, and certified Google expert. I was named one of the Top 20 Shopify Experts to follow in 2022.
Using the Ecommerce Coffee Break Podcast, I provide sponsoring companies and interview guests with a platform for advertising that offers consistent production, great content, and a loyal global audience.
My listeners value my opinion, so if I believe in your product/ service, they will too!
These are just a few of the awesome companies that were guests on the show.
What our interview guests say
"Was absolutely brilliant to appear on the Ecommerce Coffee Break Podcast speaking about Shoppable Ads and Express checkouts with Shopala" - Justin Campbell at Shopala
"Looking for your next podcast recommendation? I had a great time talking to Claus Lauter about ecommerce and connecting with customers in the opt out era." - Fiona Stevens, Head Of Marketing at LoyaltyLion
"A wonderfully refined podcast host and we are pumped about the results." - Tim Van Winckle at tinyEinstein
"Hey, Claus & thanks for having me! Always excited to share how eCommerce companies can improve CLV!" - Valentin Radu, Founder at Omniconvert
"I had a great chat with Claus Lauter on the Ecommerce Coffee Break Podcast. We discussed all things server-side tracking, and how it can make the difference in your ecommerce analytics." - Edward Upton, Founder & CEO at Littledata
What our listeners say
"Claus and his guests tackle any and everything you'd need to know about Shopify and the ever-evolving world of eCommerce in a friendly, almost unbusinesslike tone that is easy to follow and love." - ATzed, Review on Apple Podcasts
"If you are in e-commerce, this podcast is such a good place to get ideas about how to better run your business." - AndreiaRL, Review on Apple Podcasts
"Interesting podcast, easy to listen to. This is such a great resource, full of helpful advice. A must for any e-commerce business owners or for those interested in starting up an online business." - by rolandgarrostheultimate, Review on Apple Podcasts
"I really appreciate listening to your podcast. Its real & practical advice. Thank you!" -LuluUUSSAA, Review on Apple Podcasts
What you get:
A featured guest appearance on the Ecommerce Coffee Break Podcast includes:
- As a featured guest, you (or who you think would best represent your company) would join Claus Lauter as a guest on the Ecommerce Coffee Break Podcast.
- The interview will last about 20 – 25 minutes and is done via Zoom
- Your interview will be available on 30+ podcast listening platforms and apps with permanent backlink and description paragraph incl. Apple Podcasts/iTunes | Spotify | Amazon/Audible | Stitcher | Deezer | BuzzSprout | Google Podcast | YouTube | PlayerFM | Listen Notes | Podcast Addict | Podchaser | iHeart
- You can provide a call to action for a product or service of your choice
- Links to your business social channels and service/product websites will be mentioned in the podcast and show notes, and included in the podcast player's description
- The show notes page will include a transcript and a lifetime do-follow backlink to your website (for your SEO purposes)
- Creation of custom thumbnail image of your episode for your social media sharing needs
- Creation of custom short-form video and sharing on our TikTok, YouTube, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts
- Multiple social media posts about your episode on our social channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- Your episode will be keyword-researched and SEO-optimized to gain additional organic exposure through Google, YouTube, and other platforms
- The episodes are evergreen
- Bonus 1: Your interview will be promoted in the podcast's weekly newsletter reaching 3,000+ Shopify Merchants, Founders, and Marketers and in our Shopify Merchant community with a link directly to your show notes page.
- Bonus 2: You will get free lifetime access to the Ecom Merchant Pro community
How much is it:
Featured Guest Interview
Investment: $200 per episode
- Includes 1 featured guest episode
- Promotion of your episode across various social media platforms
- Check out all the perks and advantages listed above
Podcast Episodes Sponsorship
- Everything included in featured Interview, see above
- Your audio advertisements on at least 10 upcoming podcast episodes
- Promotion of your episode on various social media platforms
- see all features and benefits
Awareness Boost Sponsorship
- Everything included in featured Interview, see above
- Your audio advertisements across the entire back catalog (over 190 episodes)
- Co-branding on over 190 pages with your brand logo
- Promotion of your episode on different social media platforms
- see all features and benefits
Apply to be a guest on the Ecommerce Coffee Break Podcast
- Our goal is to provide useful advice and inspiration to Shopify merchants and ecommerce store owners
- We are interested in discussing relevant topics, rather than just promoting a new book or service/app/product
- You do not need to be an "expert" or published author to be interviewed, as long as you have valuable experience relevant to the topic
- Questions will be custom-tailored to you and your expertise and designed to position you as someone our listeners want to learn from
- We ask that you listen to a few episodes before completing the application
- We record both audio and video over Zoom, so it is important to have a decent microphone, headphones, and webcam for high-quality recording
- There are a limited number of interview slots available, and we receive more applications than we have slots available every week
Frequently Asked Questions
Using podcasts as an advertising medium is ideal for businesses - the hard work of finding your ideal customers has already been done. Podcast interviews and sponsorships are five times more effective than web ads like Meta/Facebook or Google ads, according to Advertisecast.
A study by Westwood One found that podcast advertising has a higher recall rate than traditional radio advertising, and that podcast ads are considered more trustworthy and less intrusive than other forms of advertising.
Podcasts offer a highly engaged audience. A study by Nielsen found that podcast listeners tend to be more engaged with the content they listen to, as compared to other forms of media.
Podcasts are a convenient form of entertainment and information, as they can be listened to anytime, anywhere. According to a survey by Edison Research, 66% of podcast listeners listen to podcasts while doing other things, such as driving, working, or exercising.
Podcasting is an RSS-based medium. Each podcast has a unique RSS feed that has to be submitted to all the major podcast directories. As a result, the RSS-feed is automatically pulled by more than 30 podcasting platforms.
Currently, there is no central reporting tool for tracking downloads, streams, and listens across all channels. Furthermore, keep in mind that podcast episodes are evergreen content, so older episodes will continue to be downloaded.
Additionally, most platforms do not provide any information about the listeners' age, gender, or other details. Because of this, I am unable to provide you with any details on these numbers at this time.
I am only able to give you a general estimate because the numbers vary depending on the topic. However, some episodes have seen up to a couple hundred listens in the first week.